Time Portal offers various options when it comes to calculating billing totals. This article will cover how these calculations can be controlled using Bill Rate Types.
Time Portal uses Bill Rate Types to control how it should calculate a billing total. Calculations can be based on hours worked or pieces collected in the field. This can be different than the Pay Type of the Job record. The Job Pay Type does not have to match the way the Job is billed.
Bill Rate Types can be found on the Job record and also on the Grower-Job record.
Below is a list of the available Bill Rate Types along with examples of how they are calculated. The Bill Rate Types are separated based on the unit used to calculate totals. If they calculate based on Hours, they are prefixed with "Hours". If they calculate based on Pieces, they are prefixed with "Pieces".
- Hours – Fixed Rate – i.e. 200 hrs. x $15.00 = $3,000.00
- Hours – Hourly Rate plus Fixed Rate – i.e. 200 hrs. x ($11.71 + $2.00) = $2,742.00
- Hours – Hourly Rate plus Percentage Markup – i.e. 200 hrs. x ($11.71 x 40%) = $3,278.80
- Pieces – Fixed Rate – i.e. 300 pcs. x $4.00 = $1,200.00
- Pieces – Piece Rate plus Fixed Rate – i.e. 300 pcs. x ($1.50 + $1.00) = $750.00
- Pieces – Piece Rate plus Percentage Markup – i.e. 300pcs x ($1.50 x 30%) = $585.00
If you are interested in using Time Portal's Billing Module, please contact email@example.com to sign up.
Happy Time Keeping!