In this article we will cover the QuickBooks Desktop payroll template.
!Important! - QuickBooks Desktop has limited capabilities when importing data for piece production. It does, however, have good support for hourly work. Since Time Portal does not interface directly with QuickBooks Desktop, you will need to purchase a third party tool such as "Transaction Pro" to map the data and generate the required .iif file needed.
Configuring Time Portal to Use the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Template
1. Click on Modules, then Payroll Exports.
2. Click on the Payroll Export Settings button.
3. Click the Edit button.
3. Select Quickbooks Desktop from the drop-down list and then click Save.
Once the QuickBooks Desktop payroll template is saved, the QuickBooks Desktop Settings will display below the template select list.
The QuickBooks Desktop payroll template has a few custom fields available under settings. In addition to the standard payroll data, this template can export the following data as well:
- Payroll Item - this payroll item will be applied to all regular time
- Overtime Payroll Item - this payroll item will be applied to any daily overtime
- Extended Overtime Payroll Item - this payroll item will be applied to any extended/double time
- Weekly Overtime Payroll Item - this payroll item will be applied to any weekly overtime
- Service Item
- Billable Status
To learn more about how payroll template fields work, please see Understanding Payroll Template Settings