In this article, we will review Time Portal's Employee Drop Down List. It provides some additional capabilities used to help you select employees more efficiently.
- The top of the drop down list is a search box. If you type into the search box, you can filter the employees down by Name or by Employee Number. Hint: When filtering the list, employees can be highlighted by using the Up and Down arrow keys and finally pressing the Enter key on your key board to select them.
- There is a Select All button at the top left of the drop down list. This button will select all employees in the list.
- There is an Unselect All button at the top right of the drop down list. This button will unselect any selected employees in the list. Hint: the two previously mentioned selection buttons can change in different contexts of the app. Make sure to take advantage of these buttons because they are typically very helpful.
- The employee list is grouped by Crews. The Crew Number and Name will appear in bold and all employees assigned to that crew will be listed underneath it. You can select the entire crew by clicking on the crew name. This will select each worker underneath that crew. Employees that are not assigned to a crew will be listed at the bottom under a group called "No Crew Assigned".
- An employee can individually be selected by clicking on the employee's name in the list or by highlighting the employee using the Up and Down arrows and pressing Enter on your keyboard. An employee can be unselected using the same methods.
- The employee list has a Selected count at the very bottom of the list. This count will show you the number of employees you have selected in the list.
Once employees have been selected, they will appear in the drop down as shown below. A few more ways of unselecting the employees are:
- Click the "X" on the selected employee - this will remove that employee from the selection.
- Click the "X" on the far right of the drop down list - this will clear all selected employees from the drop down list.
Article is closed for comments.