1. New Web Access field for each User can be used to select web application features that are available for each user.
As illustrated, you can choose whether a particular user can access Lists (crews, locations, etc.), the Timesheets module, the Payroll Export module or Account features such as My Company settings or Users.
As shown below, Joe Gonzales has only been granted access to the Reports section of the web application.
This is what Joe Gonzales will see when he logs into Time Portal. He can run reports but does not have access to any other features.
Tip: If you wish to set up User Accounts for your Crew Leaders but do not want to allow them to access any part of the web application, just leave their Web Access blank. Their user account will allow them to log into the Mobile Application and when they access the web application, they simply won't have any options available to them as shown below.
2. New Mobile App field for each User has been added to support a new Android version of the mobile application which is scheduled for release in January. Once the new app is released, this field may be used to determine if and how users may use it.
3. New Date Range selection is now available on report pages, Time Sheets filters, Hours Offered filters, and the Payroll Create page. The Date Range selection allows you to quickly set the Start and End Dates by the Current Pay Period, Previous Pay Period, Today, This Month, and Last Month.
As shown below, the Current Pay Period has been selected and the dates have been automatically set based on company settings.
When Selected Dates is chosen, the Start and End Date inputs are made available for a custom date range.
4. Wage Rules no longer need to be selected when running reports or exporting payroll. Time Portal can now process multiple Wage Rules at a time vs. having to run each Wage Rule separately.
Wage Rules can now be processed in the following ways:
- Leave the Wage Rules select option blank to include all Wage Rules in the report or payroll export.
- Select one or more Wage Rules to process time sheets with those specific rules applied.
- Select the No Wage Rule option to process time sheets that do not have a Wage Rule applied.
Note: When the Wage Rule select option is left blank, Time Portal will process all data. This would include time sheets with Wage Rules and time sheets without Wage Rules applied.
5. The Payroll Export screen now shows all Wage Rules applied as well as Overtime Pay.
The Crews and Employees tabs on the Payroll Export screen now break down Overtime respectively.