This is part of a series of articles on Importing Time Sheets with Excel.
In this article, we will review the Time Sheet Imports screen and how to manage our imports with it.
The Time Sheet Imports screen shows us a list of our previously imported time sheet templates. It is not only a history of every import into Time Portal but, it is also a tool to manage those imports. Let's review each feature of this screen so that we understand how it can help us.
The following filters can be used to search the list of import records. To search the list, we must enter our criteria into one of the filters below and then click the "Search" button. This will filter the list based on our search criteria.
- Start and End dates - The list of import history records can be filtered by a Start and End date. This filters the import records based on the date the import occurred.
- Search box - The search box allows us to search the import records by the fields noted within it.
The following actions can be performed on this screen.
- Create New Import - this button allows us to create a new import. Please see the article Creating a new Import for more information.
- Download Template - this button takes us to the Download Template screen where we can download one of the time sheet import templates. Please see the article Downloading an Import Time Sheet Template for more information.
- Download Excel - this button will download the file originally uploaded for the import. This is helpful in case we want to review the template at a later date and that previous templates do not have to be stored locally for history purposes. Time Portal will store this data for us.
- Resubmit - this button allows us to resubmit an import file. If for some reason we determine that there was a mistake made, we can make the correction in the import file and then resubmit it. This will remove any previously imported data and import the corrected data under that same import record. Please see the article How to Resubmit an Import for more information.
- Cancel - this button allows us to cancel the import. Cancelling the import will delete all the imported data from Time Portal. The history of the import will remain. Please see the article How to Cancel an Import for more information.
The import history table shows us some information about the import record. That information is as follows:
- Id - this is the import record's unique identifier. It is used to identify that import record.
- Imported On - this is the date the import occurred.
- Total Wages - this is the total wages indicated in the time sheet import file.
- File Name - this is the name of the Excel file that was uploaded.
- Status - the status will be one of the two values:
- Imported - this status indicates that the record has been imported
- Canceled - this status indicates that the record has been canceled.