You may want to review the following articles before continuing.
To edit a Time Sheet, you will start by displaying the Time Sheet list and selecting the Time Sheet.
From the Modules dropdown, select Time Sheets.
In the Filters section on the left, enter the desired Filters, (1) Date Range (Selected Dates, Current Pay Period, Previous Pay Period, Today, Yesterday, This Month). Crew/Crews, Status or Time Sheet Number (If a crew or status are not selected, all Time Sheets for the specified date range will be displayed) then click (2) Search.
From the Time Sheet list, click on the Time Sheet to be reviewed and/or edited. Note: A Time Sheet must have a status of Uploaded to be edited.
When you click on the Time Sheet, it will be displayed.
Edits in the top section of the Time Sheet, affect the ENTIRE Time Sheet. You can edit the Wage Rule as well and the date that the Time Sheet was created. Note: Editing the Time Sheet date does not affect/change the dates of the Time Ins and Time outs.
The buttons in the upper right hand corner also affect the ENTIRE Time Sheet.
1. Void - voids the Time Sheet but keeps it in the Time Sheet lists.
2. Approve - Marks the Time Sheet as approved and edits can no longer be performed. It is ready to be processed through payroll.
3. Print - provides a Time Sheet Detail or Time Sheet Summary report for this Time Sheet.
4. Delete - deletes the entire Time Sheet and removes it for the Time Sheet List.
The bottom section of the Time Sheet is where you add and edit individual Time Sheet records.
Adding a New Time Sheet Record
To add a new record, select Add Record at the bottom of the Time Sheet. A window opens up where you can select the Employee/Employees, Job, Time In, Time Out, Location, Crop/Variety, Hourly Rate, and Minimum Wage Rate. (It is not necessary to enter the Hourly Rate and Minimum Wage Rate unless they differ from the Company's Hourly Rate and Minimum Wage Rate. See Wages Rates and how they are applied)
The required fields are marked with an asterisk (1).
When selecting the employee/employees, there are also three shortcut buttons to make the employee selection faster (2). They are displayed in blue under the Select box.
- Select crew 'crew name' - selects all employees assigned to the specified crew.
- Select active - selects all employees with activity on the Time Sheet.
- Select Recent - selects the previously edited records.
You can also select employees by clicking the dropdown arrow in the Select box (1) and selecting from the list. If you are looking for a specific employee, you can type their name or employee number in the search box (2). You can select all employees by clicking the Select all button and unselect all by clicking the Unselect all button (3). You can click on individual employees or you can click on the crew leader name (displayed in Bold) (4) to select all employees assigned to the crew. The number of employees selected for the list displays at the bottom of the window (5).
Once you have selected the employee/employees, select the Job from the dropdown menu.
Enter the Time In and Time Out. To enter the times, you can click on the hour and type the hour, minute and an A for AM and a P for PM or you can click on the clock icon and select the Hour, Minute and AM or PM and then click Set. The date defaults to the Time Sheet date. It only needs to be entered if it is different that the Time Sheet date.
If used, select Location and Crop/Variety from the dropdown menus.
Note: It is not necessary to enter the Hourly Rate and Minimum Wage Rate unless they differ from the Company's Hourly Rate and Minimum Wage Rate. See Wages Rates and how they are applied)
After you have completed the screen, click the Save button to save the record and return to the Time Sheet.
Editing an Existing Time Sheet Record.
Selecting the Employee/Employees
There are several way to select the employee/employees to be edited
- For one employee, click in the box next to the employee's Time Sheet record or anywhere on the Time Sheet record.
- You can select/unselect all employees by clicking the box at the top of the list.
- You can select a group of employees by clicking anywhere on the first record, scrolling to the last record in the group and holding down Shift and clicking anywhere on the record.
- If you would like to edit a specific group, for example all Time Sheet records that have a Time In of 11:30 AM, or all Time Sheet records for the Job Harvesting, you can use the Search box to group the Time Sheet records. Type the contents of the field that you would like to group by and Time Portal will narrow the list by that group. You can then edit the entire list by clicking the box at the top of the list.
To edit an existing Time Sheet record, click on the box next to the record to be edited (1). You can select and unselect all Time Sheet Records by selecting the box at the top of the list.
Once you select a record, additional buttons appear at the bottom of the Time Sheet (2).
The buttons at the bottom of the Time Sheet are for the selected Time Sheet records and Do Not affect the entire Time Sheet.
1. Edit - Enables you to edit the selected Time Sheet Record. (Time In, Time Out, Piece Count, Wage Rate, Minimum Wage Rate, Location, Job and Crop)
2. Break - Lets you enter a period during the shift that is unpaid (i.e. Lunch)
3. Delete - Permanently removes the selected Time Sheet Record from the Time Sheet.
4. Void - Voids the selected record but leaves it on the Time Sheet.
5. Reset - Resets a voided record back to active.
Click on the Edit button to edit the selected Time Sheet record. When you click Edit, a window opens up with the employee's Time Sheet record details. Edit the desired field and click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If editing multiple employees at once, the edit window will not contain the Time Sheet record details. This is because each employees Time Sheet record could be different. The field that you edit, i.e. Job will be applied to all selected employees.
Adding a Break
A Break is a period of time during a shift that is unpaid. To add a break:
- Select the Time Sheet record/records that you want to add a break to.
- Next, click the Break button at the bottom of the screen.
- A window will display for you to enter the Break Start and Break End. (Time Portal will give you a valid Time Range that the break must fall between).
- Enter the desired Break Start and End or accept the default values of 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM.
- Click Save and the break will be recorded on the Time Sheet.
Deleting a Time Sheet Record
To delete a Time Sheet record and permanently remove it from the Time Sheet:
- Select the Time Sheet record/records that you want to delete.
- Next, click the Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
- When prompted "Are you sure you want to delete the records?", click Yes.
Voiding a Time Sheet Record
To void a Time Sheet record:
- Select the Time Sheet record/records that you want to void.
- Next, click the Void button at the bottom of the screen.
The Time Sheet record will be marked as Void.
Resetting a Voided Time Sheet Record
To reset a voided a Time Sheet record back to active:
- Select the Time Sheet record/records that you want to reset.
- Next, click the Reset button at the bottom of the screen.
The Void will be removed from the Time Sheet record.