If you perform work for other organizations, your business might bill those organizations based on a set of rules that mark up labor and/or piece rates for your employees. Time Portal includes the ability to specify billing rules and also to produce billing reports that identify labor, piece production and billing rates.
Billing features will not be visible until Billing is Enabled on the "My Company" page
Once Billing is Enabled on the "My Company" page, the Reports page will include several Billing Reports and the "My Company", Job and Grower pages will each include a "Billing Rules" tab. The Grower page will also include options for specifying Billing Rules for Jobs performed for each Grower.
The Billing Reports are designed to be used internally but can also be provided to your customer.
- Billing Summary Report - Provides a daily summary, by Grower/Location/Crop/Job of Hours, Pieces and billing rates, along with totals for the day and for the selected period. See Billing Summary Report.
- Billing Detail Report - Provides a separate page for each Grower that lists the Date, Employee, Location, Crop, Job and performance information for each employee, along with the billing rates and totals for each worker and for the Grower. See Billing Detail Report.
- Billing Rule Sources Report - An Excel report that provides details of each Employee Time Sheet Record along with the billing amount and information that identifies which billing rule was used in the billing calculation. See Billing Rule Sources Report.
Please review the topic Billing Rules to learn more about Billing Rules and how they are applied. In a nutshell:
- Different types of billing rules are available for Hourly work and for Piece work. For example, hourly work might be charged at a flat rate of $20/hour and piece work might be charged at 120% of the piece rate paid to each worker.
- Time Portal's Billing Rules can be specified at multiple levels in order to provide flexibility in how they are applied. For example, it is possible to set up rules that charge a certain rate to one Grower and a different rate to all other Growers.
- If Crew Leaders are paid according to a different set of rules, you can Enable Crew Leader Billing to specify the Billing Rule at each level for Crew Leaders.
- It is possible to bill for Break Pay, Makeup Pay and Overtime Pay.
The topic Getting Started with Billing provides a summary of concepts relating to Time Portal's Billing Features.