Once Billing is Enabled in your company settings, the Billing Rules tab will appear on the Job page as illustrated below.
As discussed in the Billing Rules topic, the settings on this tab will override the rules specified on the Company Billing Rules, Job Billing Rules and Grower Billing Rules pages when generating Billing Reports.
- While Grower Job Billing Rules allow for a fine degree of control over billing, they can become unwieldy if overused. It is recommended to create default billing rules for the company and Grower, if possible.
- The billing type options are dependent on the pay type for the Job. Jobs with Hourly pay types will allow for billing type options Hourly fixed, Hourly plus amount or Hourly times percentage. Jobs with Piece pay types will allow for additional billing type options.
Click the "Add Job Billing Rule" button to add a Grower Job Billing Rule. Hover the mouse over a row and click the drop-down menu (as illustrated) to edit a a Grower Job Billing Rule.
Adding or Editing Billing Rules
When the Add or Edit option is clicked (as described above), a pop-up screen will allow for entering the Job as well as the billing type for that job.
- The billing type options are dependent on the pay type for the Job. Since the pay type for the Job "Hrly - Hourly" is Hour, billing type options will be Hourly fixed, Hourly plus amount or Hourly times percentage
- Notice the help text that is displayed under each data entry field and note that percentages are entered as decimals. For example, a value of 1.5 would indicate that the value should be multiplied by 1.5 and would be displayed as 150%. If, for some reason, you wanted to bill at a lower rate than your actual cost, you could enter a value less than 1.0. For example, you could enter a value of 0.5 to bill at half your cost.
- Please click the Save button to save changes or the Cancel button to abandon changes.
Although it is not illustrated here, additional settings will be available if the company setting Enable Crew Leader Billing is turned on. As discussed in the Billing Rules topic, the compensation for crew leaders can be billed according to a different set of billing rules.
Grower Job Billing Rules must be unique
Time Portal will not allow you to have more than one Billing Rule for the same Grower and Job. For example, if a particular Grower already has a Billing Rule for the Job "Hrly - Hourly", you may not create another Billing Rule for that same job. You also may not change the Job for an existing Billing Rule to one that is already in place. As illustrated below, Time Portal will display an error message indicating that the record already exists.