Once Billing is Enabled on the Rules tab of the "My Company" page, the Billing Rules tab will appear as illustrated below.
As discussed in the Billing Rules topic, the settings on this tab are used by default when generating Billing Reports and can be overridden by specifying billing rules on the Job Billing Rules, Grower Billing Rules or Grower Job Billing Rules pages.
- The top section of the Billing Rules tab provides settings for defining how Break Pay, Makeup Pay and Overtime Pay will be billed.
- The Hourly Jobs section provides options for specifying how hourly jobs will be billed
- The Piece Jobs section provides options for specifying how piece jobs will be billed.
Although it is not illustrated here, additional settings will be available if the company setting Enable Crew Leader Billing is turned on. As discussed in the Billing Rules topic, the compensation for crew leaders can be billed according to a different set of billing rules.
Editing Billing Rules
Click the Edit button to modify billing rules as illustrated below.
- Notice the help text that is displayed under each data entry field and note that percentages are entered as decimals. For example, a value of 1.5 would indicate that the value should be multiplied by 1.5 and would be displayed as 150%. If, for some reason, you wanted to bill at a lower rate than your actual cost, you could enter a value less than 1.0. For example, you could enter a value of 0.5 to bill at half your cost.
- Please click the Save button to save changes or the Cancel button to abandon changes.