This article will cover how to check for Windows Updates and update your Windows devices.
It is important to keep your Windows device as up-to-date as possible. Follow the below steps to ensure your Windows device has the latest updates.
!Important! - Your device will need to be connected to the internet to download/install any required updates. Depending on how behind your device is on updates, you may need to download/install and restart your machine multiple times in order to complete the update process.
1. Click on the Windows Start button.
2. Click on the Settings button.
3. Click on Update & Security
4. Depending on the state of your machine, the Updates & Security page may or may not display any needed updates. If your machine says it is up to date, you can click Check for Updates to download and install any needed updates.
5. If there are any updates available, the updates will display on the screen with the status of the download/install.