One of the first things you should do when setting up Time Portal is configure your company settings. The company settings page contains options that allow you to customize the system to meet your needs. These settings control options available on the website and on the mobile software. Let's get started configuring your company settings.
First, lets navigate to the company settings page. Click on your name/company name in the upper right hand corner of the application. Then click on My Company located in the drop down menu. (see image below)
You are now on the company settings page. This page allows you to manage your company record and configure company wide settings.
There are four sections of settings for Time Portal, Company Info, Rules, Mobile Policies and Hours Offered.
- Name - This is the name of your Company. You can change it here anytime you like.
- FEIN - The FEIN number of your company is used on certain reports for H-2A compliance.
- Address - The address of your company is used on certain reports for H-2A compliance.
To edit the company information, select Edit. Enter your company name, FEIN number and your company address and press the green Save button.
The next section is the Rules settings. These settings are used to define the company pay rules. These settings are divided into sections.
- Hourly Rate - This is the standard hourly rate for you company and will be applied to all employees. Time Portal uses a weighted hierarchy do determine when rates get applied.
- H2A Minimum Wage - This is the standard H2A minimum wage for your company and will be applied to all H2A employees.
- Minimum Wage - This is the standard minimum wage for your company and will be applied to all none H2A employees.
Pay Period Information
- Week Start Day - The Week Start Day is the day the pay week starts. This value is used to facilitate queries within the software and also helps control calendar options.
- Pay Period Length - The length of time over which an employee's time is recorded and paid. This value is used to facilitate queries within the software and helps control calendar options.
- Rounding to Minute- This will tell Time Portal to round your punch times to the nearest minutes selected.
- Decimal Places For Hourly Rates - How many decimal places to show for Hourly Rates. (Defaults to 2)
- Decimal Places for Piece Rates - How many decimal places to show for Piece Rates. (Defaults to 2)
- Decimal Places for Pieces - How many decimal places to show for pieces. (Defaults to 2)
- Track Locations - Time Portal allows you to add locations and then apply those locations to an employee's time sheet record. When location tracking is turned on, the mobile software will display a location selection and it will be required on all clock ins.
- Track Crop/Varieties - Turning crop/variety tracking on allows you to add crop/variety to your time data. This will force the mobile software to supply a crop/variety for every time record.
- Track H-2A Workers - If you employ H-2A workers, then you should turn this setting ON. This setting will give you access to parts of Time Portal needed to track H-2A workers such as, Worker Contracts, Reason Codes, and H-2A reports.
- Enable Billing - This setting is to enable Billing Rules and Billing Reports.
- Enable Crew Leader Billing - Enables Billing Rules for Crew Leaders.
- Wage Rule - This is the default wage rule for the company. This wage rule will be applied to your entire company.
- Include Inactive when Selecting - Turn on this setting to include Active and Inactive values in the employee, location and other lists when specifying filter criteria for views and reports. Otherwise, only Active records are available for selection.
To set the company's Rules, select the Rules button and click the Edit button, enter your company's rules and then select the green Save button.
The next section is the mobile policies. These settings control specific functions on your mobile devices. These are settings that should be company wide and not device specific.
- Signature Types - This allows you to requires workers to provide a signature confirming their daily information. There are currently 3 different selections for this setting.
- No Signatures - This option is the default setting which deactivates signatures on the mobile device.
- On Every Out - This option will require a signature every time a worker clocks out.
- End of Day - This option will require a signature at the end of the day. The end of the day is determined when the worker approves his data collected. At this time the worker will be prompted for a signature. This option is the most efficient method as the worker must only sign once a day.
- Mobile Data Retention - This is the number of days that the mobile device will store time sheet data. The default value is 7 days. This value can be set between 1 and 365 days(s). This is useful to help manage device hard drive space. Time Portal will automatically clean up its database to conserve space once a time sheet reaches the retention number in age. Note that the software will only remove data that has been successfully uploaded to the website.
- Capture GPS - This setting allows you to tell the mobile devices that you would like to capture GPS coordinates. GPS coordinates are collected on every Clock in, Clock out and piece collection.
- Allow Hourly Rates on Time Sheets - This setting allows a time sheet to be created with an optional Hourly Rate. This can be helpful when Hourly Rates change and need to be controlled at a lower level.
- Allow Manual Entry on Time Sheet Data - This will allow mobile users to manually clock workers into or out of activities.
- Edit Clock-in/Clock-out Times - This will allow mobile users to override the time on the Clock In Page and also to adjust clock-in and clock-out times on the Approve Time Sheet Page if the Time Sheet has not yet been approved.
- Include Default Option - If enabled, the mobile device will include an option to use a default value which may be the default Job specified for the Employee, Crew or Company (below)
- Default Job - This is the default Job that is applied when a worker clocks in on the Kiosk or when the Default Job Option is selected on the mobile device.
- Optional - If enabled, the mobile device will allow clocking in without specifying a Location
- Include Default Option - If enabled, the mobile device will include an option to use a default value which may be the default Location specified for the Employee, Crew or Company (below)
- Default Location - This is the default Location that is applied when a worker clocks in on the Kiosk or when the Default Location Option is selected on the mobile device.
Crop Variety Defaults
- Optional - If enabled, the mobile device will allow clocking in without specifying a Crop Variety
- Include Default Option - If enabled, the mobile device will include an option to use a default value which may be the default Crop Variety specified for the Employee, Crew or Company (below)
- Default Crop Variety - This is the default Crop Variety that is applied when a worker clocks in on the Kiosk or when the Default Crop Variety Option is selected on the mobile device.
To set the company's Mobile Policies, select the Edit button, enter your company's Mobile Policies and then select the green Save button.
The final section is the Hours Offered. These settings allow you to preset a default value to be entered for hours offered. When you process your records, Time Portal will automatically set the hours offered values based on these settings.
- Hours Offered Default Type - This is a utility setting that is used to facilitate data entry on the Hours Offered screen. This is the default Hours Offered value that will be applied to each of your H-2A workers. The available utilities are:
- None - This is the default setting value. It will not provide any default value on the Hours Offered page.
- Hours Worked - This value will match hours offered to hours worked by employee.
- Average for Crew - This value will calculate hours offered based on average hours worked by crew by day.
- Value - This value will use the value provided in the Hours Offered Default Value setting below.
- Worker Contract - This is the default Hours Offered value that will be applied to your H2A workers.
- Hours Offered Default Value - This value is only used if the the Hours Offered Default Type above is set to Value.
To set the company's Hours Offered policy, select the Hours Offered button then select the Edit button, select the Hours Offered Default type and then select the green Save button.