A job is the work performed by an employee. To set up your jobs in Time Portal:
1. Select Lists then Jobs.
2. Next, click the green Create Job button.
On the Create Job page, fill in the fields, taking note that all fields with a red asterisk (*) must be filled in before saving. Once the fields have been completed, click Save.
- Code – This uniquely identifies the Crew in the system.
- Name – This is a more user-friendly display of the record.
- Pay Type - defines the type of job.
- Hour - Job is paid by the hour.
- Piece - Job is paid by the piece. (i.e. $.50 for every Lb picked)
- HourAndPiece - The job receives an hourly rate and a piece rate. (i.e. $10.00 per hour plus $.50 per piece)
- Travel - This job is travel only.
- Hourly Rate - This is the hourly rate paid to do this job. Note: It is only necessary to enter a hourly rate if it is different from the company rate. See Hourly rates and how they are applied
- Minimum Wage - This is the minimum wage paid to do this job. Note: It is only necessary to enter a minimum wage if it is different from the company rate. See Hourly rates and how they are applied
- Worker Comp - If used, enter the Worker Comp code for this job that is passed to you payroll system.
- Uom - Select the unit of measure for this job from the drop down menu. The unit of measures should be defined before creating jobs.
- Ignore Time - Turn toggle on to clock in and out of this job, but do not track the time. (For example, an attendance job for the purpose of tracking who has arrived to work for the day)
- Has Precedence - Turn this toggle on to have Time Portal always use the job's Hourly Rate and Minimum Wage in lieu of other rates. (This setting is rarely used) See Hourly rates and how they are applied