To document work activities, each employee must be clocked into a job which represents an activity such as travel, break or work. Each job can be associated with a location, pay type (piece, hourly or both), crop variety and start/stop time. A typical day will consist of several jobs such as Travel-Harvesting-Break-Harvesting-Travel without any gaps in time.
The Time Sheet screen is in a multi-select mode which allows a crew leader to easily clock multiple workers in at a time.
Clocking workers In and Out
To clock employees into and out of jobs:
1. Start by tapping the Menu button on the Time Sheet screen to slide out a tray of menu options.
2. Tap the workers' cards you would like to clock in or Tap the Select All/None button to select all workers on the crew. You can also tap a selected worker to deselect that worker. Note: sometimes it is easier to select all the workers using the Select All/None button and then deselect the workers who did not show up for work that day.
3. Once you have the workers selected you wish to clock in, tap the Clock In button.
On the Clock In screen, you can choose multiple pieces of information to be tracked depending on your business settings. For example, Jobs are always required but, Location, and Crop/Variety tracking can be turned on or off under your company settings and Grower is used if you are tracking growers and in not a required field. When these settings are turned on, you will see additional drop down boxes on the Clock In screen. Note: Location and Crop/Variety tracking can be tracked independently of each other. Also, when either of these settings are turned on, they are then required fields when clocking workers in.
1. Select the Job by tapping on the blue "Please select a job" text. Note: if the Pay Type setup on the job is of type Piece or Hour and Piece, the jobs default rate will display in blue text under the name of the job selected. This rate can also be changed by tapping the blue text of the rate. This is helpful if your piece rates change daily.
2. Select the Location by tapping on the blue "Please select a location" text. Note: depending on your settings, this may or may not appear on your screen.
3. Select the Grower is used by tapping on the blue "Select a grower" text. Note: Grower in not a required field.
4. Select the Crop/Variety by tapping on the blue "Please select a variety" text. Note: depending on your settings, this may or may not appear on your screen.
5. The time that you are clocking in is displayed on the screen.
6. A list of the selected employees are listed at the bottom.
7. Tap the OK button the clock the workers in. Note: tapping Cancel will take you to the previous screen and will not clock in any workers.
Clocking workers out works the same way as clocking workers in. Select the workers that you would like to clock out and then tap on the Clock Out button. This will take you to the Clock out Screen. On the clock out screen you can clock workers out.
1. This screen will show you the time the workers will be clocked out.
2. It will also provide a list of selected employees.
3. Tap the Clock out button to clock the workers out.
Changing information about the activity (previously Switching Jobs)
Changing information about the work being preformed such as the Job or Grower or Location or Crop/Variety can be easily accomplished in Time Portal. To do this, follow the same steps required to clock workers in. The Clock In screen will appear with the previously selected information selected.
1. Change any of the information, Job, Grower, Location, or Crop/Variety.
2. Tap the OK button.
The workers will be clocked out of the current time record and immediately clocked into a new record with the selected information.