This article will cover the use of queued reports.
Some reports in Time Portal can take a long time to be created, especially if you select a large date range. In order to keep you productive, you can queue any report to be processed in the background while you continue working within Time Portal. Simply select "Queue" as the Report Destination and the report will be placed into a queue for background processing.
Follow the below steps to queue a report.
1. Select desired report criteria including Queue as the report destination.
2. Click Get Report.
3. A message will be issued that the report is being processed in the background and that you can continue to work.
A notification is also added to the Notifications drawer. For more information, please see How to Use the Notifications Drawer.
4. When the report is complete, another message will be issued to let you know the report is done.
5. Open the notifications drawer and click "Download" to download the report.
6. The report notification can be cleared by clicking on the "X" or "Clear complete" at the bottom of the notifications list.
Some reports are always queued
The following reports require significant computation and will automatically be queued for processing.
- Worker Contract Summary
- Employee Hours Offered
- Travel Time Summary
Reports that will always be queued will have an "Attention" bar above the "Get Report" button as illustrated here.