The Settings page in time Portal for Windows provides options to configure the way the application appears and operates.
To load the Settings Page, please tap the Settings button on the Main (Home) Page. It the Settings button is not visible, please tap the More button to show it.
As illustrated, the Settings Page includes options for changing preferences, scan settings, scale settings and more.
- Show employee photos on Time Sheet - determines if employee photos are shown next to the information (if available.) See the topic How to capture employee photos.
- Upload in background - determines if the app should check for an Internet connection every few minutes to upload collected information.
- Language - determines whether the prompts and data are shown in English or Spanish. The Spanish version of values such as location names and crop/variety names are defined within the web application.
- Sort Employees - determines whether employees are listed by name, number or badge number within various screens of the app.
- Employee Names - determines the way employee names are formatted within various screens of the app.
- Training Mode - determines if the app should be run in a mode that is useful when training employees. When enabled, collected information will not be uploaded and an option will be available to clear out all data. See the topic Training Mode.
- Punch Mode - determines if the app should be run in a mode that allows for information to be gathered on multiple tablets in the field. When in Punch Mode, clock-ins, clock-outs, weights and piece collection information from multiple tablets is uploaded to the web application where it is combined into Time Sheets.
- Other (disabled) options such as "Track Varieties" are managed by the web application but provided for information.
- Enable Kiosk - determines if Time Portal should be run as a wall clock. Once enabled, additional options will allow for setting the background upload behavior as well as default values for Crew, Crop/Variety, Job and Location. See the topic What is Kiosk Mode.
- Limit clock-in scan frequency - determines if Time Portal should limit the rate at which employees can be clocked in.
- Limit piece count scan frequency - determines if Time Portal should limit the rate at which pieces can be scanned.
- Limit weight scan frequency per worker - determines if Time Portal should limit the rate at which weights can be collected for each worker.
- Model - allows for selecting the type of scale that is connected.
- Convert weight to lbs - ensures that weights are converted to lb and should be enabled if the scale reports weights in oz or kg.
- Maximum weight - allows for specifying an upper weight limit beyond which Time Portal will reject a scale reading.
- Serial Port - used to define the baud rate and other settings required to connect to the scale.