The Android and IOS mobile apps include options for clocking employees into jobs that represent the type of work being performed. If so configured, the work can also be associated with a location and crop/variety.
- Jobs are pre-configured within the Time Portal Web application for hourly and piece work and may include attributes such as default piece rate and unit of measure.
- Locations, growers and crop/varieties are also pre-configured within the Time Portal web application and can be associated with the work activity.
As each employee is clocked in, a Time Sheet Record is created that includes the start time, end time, job, piece count, piece rate, location, grower and crop/variety, if applicable.
When the app is in Crew Mode, a crew leader can clock one or more employees into jobs:
- In the Employees List or within a Time Sheet, multiple employees can be selected and the "clock in" button can be tapped to display the Clock In screen, shown below.
- In the Employee Screen (once an employee has been selected), the "clock in" button can be tapped to display the same Clock In screen that is shown below but with only the one employee selected.
When the app is in Single Mode, the employee can tap the "Clock In" button on the Home View to display the Clock In screen, shown below.
The Clock In Screen
As illustrated, the Clock In screen displays the current time, the number of employees that will be clocked in, the Job and other information that describes the activity to be performed.
- Tap the "Employees" hyperlink to verify the names of the employees that will be clocked in
- Tap the Job label to select a job from a pop-up list of jobs
- If the selected job is a piece job, the "Piece Pay" label will be shown and can be tapped to set the crop/variety, piece rate and unit of measure
- If the selected job is an hourly job and Company Settings require collection of Crop/Variety information, the "Crop/Variety" label will be shown and can be tapped to set the crop/variety
- If Company Settings require collection of Grower and Location information, those labels will be shown and can be tapped to specify values.